Home / SAMdev Preferred Options Consultation March 2012
SAMdev Preferred Options Consultation March 2012
Consultation into the Site Allocations and Management of development (SAMdev) Preferrd Options Plan.
The key purpose of the SAMdev Preferred Options document is to:
- Identify sustainable growth targets for Shropshire's market towns
- Identify Community Hubs and Community Clusters in the rural area
- Where needed, identify appropriate sites for future housing and employment development in market towns, community hubs and community clusters
- Provide additional Development Management policies which can be used in the consideration of planning applications
Consultation documents and how to comment
There are 18 'Place Plan' areas in Shropshire and each one of these has its own SAMdev consultation document, along with a seperate consultation document containing the draft Development Management Policy Directions.
Reference copies of all these documents are available to view at the following locations:
- Shropshire Council's website www.shropshire.gov.uk/samdev
- Libraries and Customer Information Points
- Shropshire Council Offices
- Parish and Town Councils Offices where possible
An on-line form for each Place Plan area has now been devised and the link to the Wem Place Plane on-line form is
The consultation runs until Friday 15 June 2012.